This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6468 / 52°38'48"N
Longitude: -0.4759 / 0°28'33"W
OS Eastings: 503214
OS Northings: 306538
OS Grid: TF032065
Mapcode National: GBR FVZ.0HM
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.NQLS
Entry Name: 37 and 38, St Martin's
Listing Date: 22 May 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062169
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193691
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
1671 ST MARTIN'S
Nos 37 and 38
TF 0306 2/220 22.5.54.
Four houses now converted into one. Mid C18 on earlier core, 1st section in rubble,
2 storeys. Stone slate roof. 2 dormers, 2 windows with double-hung sashes in
plain stone surrounds. 2nd section similar, but in ashlar, no dormers, 3rd section
has 2 dormers, Ashlar with rusticated quoins. 5 windows in moulded architraves
with triple keystones and stone bands at cills. Good moulded stone cornice and
parapet with 5 panels. 4th section, slightly taller, in ashlar. Later C18. Doric
pilasters at quoins and also as Jambs to 2 windows, which have triple keystones.
Cornice and small parapet. To right, half-timbered porch of 1884 with rough-rendered
infill and iron finial.
Nos 18 to 38 (consec) and the Church of St Martin form a group.
Listing NGR: TF0321406538
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings