This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6541 / 52°39'14"N
Longitude: -0.4656 / 0°27'56"W
OS Eastings: 503890
OS Northings: 307372
OS Grid: TF038073
Mapcode National: GBR FVS.P3B
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.TKG4
Entry Name: Remains of St Leonard's Priory
Listing Date: 22 May 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062210
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193599
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Stamford St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
1671 PRIORY ROAD
Remains of St Leonard's Priory
TF 0307 2/135 22.5.54.
Founded by William II circa 1090, West front rebuilt l15O. Part of west front
of church and north arcade survive. Fine transitional west front with central
door and good detail.
Forms a group with Priory Farmouse.
Listing NGR: TF0389007372
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings