This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6554 / 52°39'19"N
Longitude: -0.4687 / 0°28'7"W
OS Eastings: 503676
OS Northings: 307505
OS Grid: TF036075
Mapcode National: GBR FVS.GBK
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.RJZ5
Entry Name: Stamford and Rutland General Infirmary
Listing Date: 26 April 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062264
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193535
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Stamford St George
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
1671 DEEPING ROAD
Stamford and Rutland
TF 0307 2/400
Centrepiece by J P Gandy 1826-28, wings to the east by E Browning, 1879. 2 storeys
in Tudor style, 9 windows. Stone, with slated roof behind parapet. Gables to
end pavilions and to centre, which is of ashlar with canted 10-light oriel with
crenellated parapet above entrance, and pair of crocketed finials flanking gable.
End pavilions have 4-light windows, dripmoulds. Crenellated parapet. Pair of
iron lampstandards flank steps to entrance. 2-storey later extension set back
to left. Modern wing to right.
Listing NGR: TF0367607505
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings