History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Catherine

A Grade II Listed Building in Wyville cum Hungerton, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8548 / 52°51'17"N

Longitude: -0.6933 / 0°41'35"W

OS Eastings: 488086

OS Northings: 329385

OS Grid: SK880293

Mapcode National: GBR CPH.5JK

Mapcode Global: WHGKV.BH3T

Entry Name: Church of St Catherine

Listing Date: 9 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062301

English Heritage Legacy ID: 193432

Location: Wyville cum Hungerton, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Wyville cum Hungerton

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Wyvillest Catherine

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Harlaxton

Listing Text

WYVILLE CUM WYVILLE
SK 82 NE HUNGERTON
5/190 Church of
St. Catherine
G.V. II
Parish church. 1857, the chancel built in 1868. Yellow brick
with ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with raised stone coped
gables. Nave with western bellcote, north porch, chancel,
vestry. Stepped chamfered buttresses and moulded string course.
At the west end a slightly projecting bay carries the gabled
single arched bellcote. In the bay a single 2 light window with
panel tracery. The gabled north porch has a chamfered moulded
outer doorway with embattled octagonal responds. Chamfered inner
arch and planked door. Beyond are 3 trefoil headed lancets to
the nave and 2 to the chancel. The east window of 3 lights has
panel tracery to the upper part. The vestry is in matching style
and the south side is as the north. Interior. Moulded and
pointed chancel arch with octagonal responds, painted brick
walls. All fittings are C19. The church was built at the
expense of George Gregory of Harlaxton.


Listing NGR: SK8808629385

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.