This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8792 / 52°52'45"N
Longitude: -0.6373 / 0°38'14"W
OS Eastings: 491804
OS Northings: 332169
OS Grid: SK918321
Mapcode National: GBR DQJ.FQH
Mapcode Global: WHGKP.5WSM
Entry Name: Farmbuildings at Grange Farm
Listing Date: 9 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062316
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193355
Location: Little Ponton and Stroxton, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG33
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Little Ponton and Stroxton
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Little Ponton St Guthlac
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
LITTLE PONTON AND STROXTON ROAD
SK 93 SW STROXTON (north side)
4/114 Farmbuildings at
2 crew yards, beast houses, stables, barn. Pigeoncote, 1866,
built for Christopher Turnor. Coursed squared limestone rubble
and red brick with ashlar quoins and dressings, stone coped slate
roofs. E-plan farmyard, with 2 storey barn to spine and single
range beast houses to sides of yard, open sides, with brick
piers. Front has paired gables to centre containing 3 semi-
circular headed louvred lights each separated by planked door.
To left a planked door, similar double doors, an opening to
stable yard and a louvred light beyond. To right a planked door,
double doors, an opening and beyond further tall double doors.
At the centre of the yard is a 2 storey square pigeoncote with
circular flight hole to one side, a hipped slate roof with wooden
turret surmounted by a shaped lead roof with weathervane. Barn
and waggon hovel at rear, 2 storey, 9 bay front having central
double planked doors with segmental arch, above is a panel
inscribed "CT 1866". To left a pair of open arches with iron
stanchion and beyond a planked door. To right a further planked
door and 4 arches, all with iron stanchions. To first floor, 6
square openings with louvres and overlights and a single doorway.
To right of the central doorway is a belt drive Flywheel. To
either side of the main block are single storey ranges of waggon
hovels and stores.
Listing NGR: SK9180432169
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings