History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stables and Coach House Approximately 4o Metres East of Denton Manor Ouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Denton, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.883 / 52°52'58"N

Longitude: -0.7208 / 0°43'14"W

OS Eastings: 486178

OS Northings: 332489

OS Grid: SK861324

Mapcode National: GBR CP2.BKW

Mapcode Global: WHFJH.WSYQ

Entry Name: Stables and Coach House Approximately 4o Metres East of Denton Manor Ouse

Listing Date: 21 September 1979

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062334

English Heritage Legacy ID: 193298

Location: Denton, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Denton

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Denton St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Harlaxton

Listing Text

DENTON HARSTON ROAD
SK 8632-8732
(south side)
10/57 Stables and Coach
House approx. 40 M
to east of Denton
Manor House
21.9.79
G.V. II
Stables and coach house. Mid C19 and 1880 by Sir Arthur
Blomfield. Coursed ironstone rubble with ashlar dressings.
Slate roof with lead dressings, raised stone coped gables with
finials, moulded stone eaves. The buildings are irregularly
grouped around a courtyard. The mid C19 single storey range
beside the drive comprises 9 bays with central advanced and
gabled bay having Tudor archway with single light above, flanked
by pairs of cross mullioned glazing bar windows, single planked
doors with further single windows beyond. All openings have
continuous moulded hoods, with blank shields between. Behind and
linked to it is a further L shaped single storey range of
buildings of 1880, terminating at the left hand end in a 2 storey
coachman's house. This has 4 sets of planked double doors, each
separately gabled and beyond to the right a Tudor arched double
door flanked by single 3 light and pair of 2 light cross
mullioned windows. To the roof are 2 louvred ridge vents beneath
pyramidal lead roofs. In the side of the house is a 4 centred
arched doorway covering planked inner doors with to left a 2
light window and to first floor 2 similar windows, all with
mullions.


Listing NGR: SK8617832489

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.