History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

2, 4 and 6, North Parade

A Grade II Listed Building in Grantham St Wulfram's, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9159 / 52°54'57"N

Longitude: -0.6451 / 0°38'42"W

OS Eastings: 491202

OS Northings: 336249

OS Grid: SK912362

Mapcode National: GBR DQ3.5QZ

Mapcode Global: WHGKH.2Y2Y

Entry Name: 2, 4 and 6, North Parade

Listing Date: 25 February 1986

Last Amended: 16 November 1993

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062417

English Heritage Legacy ID: 193089

Location: South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG31

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Electoral Ward/Division: Grantham St Wulfram's

Parish: Non Civil Parish

Built-Up Area: Grantham

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Grantham St Wulfram

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Grantham

Listing Text

In the entry for

GRANTHAM NORTH PARADE
SK 93 NW
(east side)
SP/567 Nos 4 to 6 (even)
GV II

The address shall be amended to read:

SK 93 NW GRANTHAM NORTH PARADE
(east side)
607-/567 Nos 2, 4 and 6

25.2.86.

GV II

-------------------------------------------

GRANTHAM
1.
1146 NORTH PARADE
(East Side)
SK 93 NW
Nos: 4 to 6 (even)
SP/567
II 7/567 GV

2. House and shop, now restaurant. Early C19, altered late C19 and C20. Red brick
in Flemish bond with stucco dressings, slate roof with hip to right, two red brick
wall stacks. 2 storey 3 bay front with 3 storey single bay front to right. Ground
floor consists of 2 late C19 shop fronts. The left hand one has a central half glazed
door with bordered light flanked by shop windows having panelled pilasters surmounted
by brackets to a fascia with moulded top. To right a half glazed door to the angle
is flanked by single shop windows matching the rest. To first floor a blocked opening
is flanked by single glazing bar sashes, all with segmental brick heads. To right
a single plain sash having serpentine lintel with keyblock. To the second floor is
a smaller plain sash. The right hand side front has 3 further windows with serpentine
lintels to the first floor, and on the second floor is a Diocletian window with
rubbed brick surround and a small sash. Interior has been altered by conversion to
a restaurant. One section of the original shop counter has been retained. Included
for group value.

The first woman Prime Minister, the Right Honourable Margaret Thatcher, FPS, MP, was born
in this house on 13 October 1925.


Listing NGR: SK9120236249

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.