History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Manor House

A Grade II* Listed Building in West Deeping, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6644 / 52°39'52"N

Longitude: -0.3566 / 0°21'23"W

OS Eastings: 511235

OS Northings: 308681

OS Grid: TF112086

Mapcode National: GBR GX2.SS5

Mapcode Global: WHGLZ.H9D6

Entry Name: The Manor House

Listing Date: 30 October 1968

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062601

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194658

Location: West Deeping, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE6

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: West Deeping

Built-Up Area: West Deeping

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: West Deeping St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Greatford

Listing Text

TF 10 NW WEST DEEPING KING STREET
(east side)

10/272 The Manor House
30.10.68
II*

Small country house. C15, 1634, extended and altered 1920.
Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings,
Collyweston slate roof with stone coped gables, 2 wall stacks
with ashlar shafts and 2 ridge stacks. E-plan. 2 storey, 5 bay
front, the end bays advanced and gabled, central 2 storey gabled
porch with string course, having C20 door in 4 centred arched
surround, flanked nby siungle 2 light and 4 light windows. To
first floor a central 2 litght flanked by single 2 light and 3
light windows. In the side wings a single 2 light window to each
floor. All windows have ovolo moulded mullions, leaded lights
and cornices. Over the first floor porch window is a lightly
incised date of 1634. The house has been extended in 1920. To
the left a single storey service bay with 3 light window,
attached to the rear is a C18 maltings block, now office, in
coursed and banded limestone rubble. 3 storeys 4 bay front
having to ground floor 2 light leaded windows and a top hung
casement. To first floor 2 two light casements and a small fixed
light and boarded light under flat stone arches. To the eaves 3
boarded openings. On the ridge a hipped pigeoncote turret.
Interior. At the centre of the building is an open hall with
exposed close set rafters, with early C20 gallery and panelling
and Cl7 stone fireplace with 4 centred arched head. The wall
plate exposed shows mortices for earlier timber frame.


Listing NGR: TF1123508681

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.