History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

90-100, Church Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Market Deeping, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.676 / 52°40'33"N

Longitude: -0.3185 / 0°19'6"W

OS Eastings: 513785

OS Northings: 310026

OS Grid: TF137100

Mapcode National: GBR GX3.B8X

Mapcode Global: WHHMY.2ZMW

Entry Name: 90-100, Church Street

Listing Date: 22 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062631

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194532

Location: Market Deeping, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE6

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Market Deeping

Built-Up Area: Market Deeping

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Market Deeping

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Market Deeping

Listing Text

TF 1210-1310 MARKET DEEPING CHURCH STREET
(west side)

12/147 Nos. 9otolOO (even)

G.V. II

6 almshouses. 1877 by Edward Browning of Stamford. Squared
limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings. Collyweston
slate roof, ashlar ridge stacks. Courtyard plan. Single storey,
5 bay front, the end bays are advanced and separately gabled.
Central pair of plank and muntin doors set in slightly advanced
bay with hipped porch over supported on turned wooden baluster
supports. In the porch roof over, a small 2 light dormer window.
To either side are single 3 light plain sashes with chamfered
stone mullions and plain ashlar surrounds. In the gable ends are
similar single windows. The left hand gable has a plaque with
"MAS" in raised lettering and the right hand gable the date
"1877". Both plaques have draped garlands above. The matching
inner side fronts have a pair of plank and muntin doors, set
beneath a projecting sloping roof on baluster supports, with a
single 3 light window to one side and a pair of 3 light windows
and a single light to the other. The almshouses were built.
following a bequest by Miss Mary Ann Scotney for 6 Protestant
widows or spinsters.


Listing NGR: TF1378510026

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.