History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Braceborough and Wilsthorpe, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7062 / 52°42'22"N

Longitude: -0.4007 / 0°24'2"W

OS Eastings: 508152

OS Northings: 313258

OS Grid: TF081132

Mapcode National: GBR GWM.7J3

Mapcode Global: WHGLR.T7CP

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 22 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062669

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194425

Location: Braceborough and Wilsthorpe, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Braceborough and Wilsthorpe

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Braceborough St Margaret

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Manthorpe

Listing Text

TF 01 SE BRACEBOROUGH CHURCH LANE
AND WILSTHORPE (north side)
5/42
The Old Rectory

II

Incorrectly shown as Rectory on OS map. Former rectory now
house. 1848 by William Thompson, in Tudor style, with minor C20
alterations. Coursed squared limestone rubble with ashlar quoins
and dressings, Collyweston slate roof having decorative ridge
tiles, 2 tall wall stacks and single gable stack with diagonally
set ashlar shafts. L-plan. 2 storey plus garret, 4 bay front,
the left hand bay is recessed and the right hand bay is advanced
and gabled with cusped openwork bargeboard. Off-centre half
glazed panel door in Tudor arched surround by covered gabled
porch, also Tudor arched with openwork bargeboard. To right a 2
storey canted bay window with tall 3 light windowsand hipped
Collyweston roof. To left a large 5 light window with beyond a 3
light window. To the first floor one 2 light window with
latticed panes, and a 3 light window. All windows are plain
casements with chamfered ashlar surrounds. to the right gable a
small lancet with above a datestone 1848 in raised figures.


Listing NGR: TF0815213258

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.