History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor House and Attached Washhouse and Traphouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Braceborough and Wilsthorpe, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7066 / 52°42'23"N

Longitude: -0.3981 / 0°23'53"W

OS Eastings: 508329

OS Northings: 313302

OS Grid: TF083133

Mapcode National: GBR GWM.863

Mapcode Global: WHGLR.V7MF

Entry Name: Manor House and Attached Washhouse and Traphouse

Listing Date: 6 May 1952

Last Amended: 22 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062671

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194429

Location: Braceborough and Wilsthorpe, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Braceborough and Wilsthorpe

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Braceborough St Margaret

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Manthorpe

Listing Text

TF 01 SE BRACEBOROUGH CHURCH LANE
AND WILSTHORPE (north side)

5/46 Manor House and
attached washhouse
6.5.52 and traphouse
(formerly listed as
Manor Farm House) )

G.V. II

Farmhouse, washhouse and traphouse. 1620, extended late C17,
raised early C19, C19 alterations. Squared coursed limestone
rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings, red brick to left.
Welsh slate roofs, raised gables with brick coping, 2 ashlar
gable stacks with moulded cornices. 3 unit plan. 2 storey plus
attics, irregular 3 bay front. Off-centre planked door under
timber lintel flanked by single 3 light windows, the one on the
right with a cornice. To first floor a single 2 light window is
flanked by single 3 light windows. All windows have ovolo
moulded mullions. In the roof are 2 gabled dormers at eaves
level with bargeboards, rendered cheeks and stone bases. To the
left a later C17 service wing with limestone base and late brick
raising, 2 storey, 2 bay front with 2 light casement and half
glazed door. To first floor a 2 light casement with brick
segmental arch. At right angles a single storey washouse and
traphouse with red brick ridge stack, 2 double planked doors and
to left a planked door, to right a 2 light casement and a further
planked door. In the right hand gable are single blocked 2 light
mullioned windows to-ground and first floor. Inglenook fireplace
in hall is lightly incised on the fireplace bressumer "1620
FRIS". Chamfered beams with run out stops. In the parlour an
offset ashlar fireplace with moulded 4 centred arched head.


Listing NGR: TF0832913302

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.