History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Carlby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7121 / 52°42'43"N

Longitude: -0.4473 / 0°26'50"W

OS Eastings: 504990

OS Northings: 313849

OS Grid: TF049138

Mapcode National: GBR FV1.V10

Mapcode Global: WHGLR.3384

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 30 October 1968

Last Amended: 22 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062676

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194440

Location: Carlby, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Carlby

Built-Up Area: Carlby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Carlby St Stephen

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Manthorpe

Listing Text

TF 01 SW CARLBY THE AVENUE
(south side)

4/57 The Old Rectory
30.10.68 (Formerly listed as
Rectory)

G.V. II

Former rectory, now house. 1693, raised and altered early C19
and C20. Coursed limestone rubble, ashlar quoins and dressings,
Collyweston slate roof, single raised moulded stone coped gables.
Single ridge stack in ashlar with moulded cornice. T-plan. 2
storey and attics, irregular 3 bay front having off-centre 6
panel door with plain overlight in a panelled wooden surround
with angle paterae and narrow hood. To the right are 2 two
storey canted bay windows having hipped Collyweston roofs,
glazing bar sashes to the sides and fixed 2 light windows. To
the first floor a 2 light glazing bar casement and a small C20
fixed light both with timber lintels. In the roof are 2 gabled .
dormers having 2 light glazing bar casements and slate hung
cheeks. To the left a 2 storey single bay service wing with
single red brick gable stack. A 3 light plain casement and above
a similar C20 window, both with timber lintels. The lower window
has planked shutters. The right hand side front has an early C19
panelled door and overlight with Tuscan portico. To the left a
single blocked C17 ovolo moulded mullion window to the lower
floors and in the gable a similar single window with cornice and
above a datestone of 1693 in raised letters. To the right a
lower service range has single 3 light plain casement to each
floor and on the ground floor only a C20 cross mullioned window.


Listing NGR: TF0499013849

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.