This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9826 / 52°58'57"N
Longitude: -0.673 / 0°40'22"W
OS Eastings: 489189
OS Northings: 343631
OS Grid: SK891436
Mapcode National: GBR DP9.4MS
Mapcode Global: WHGK8.M9Q9
Entry Name: School
Listing Date: 16 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062856
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193969
Location: Marston, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Marston
Built-Up Area: Marston
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Marston St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK 84 SE MARSTON SCHOOL LANE (south side)
School. 1861, 1875. Red brick, burnt header decoration, ashlar dressings and
decoration, slate roofs, with stone coped gables with finials, 2 large projecting
lateral stacks and eaves, decorated with alternating red brick and ashlar giving
dentillated effect. Single storey, 5 bay front with ashlar dressed brick plinth.
Central diamond shaped porch, the projecting angle supported on a large round
ashlar column carrying pointed ashlar arches. The pointed doorway with plank
door set in east side of re-entrant angle. Porch surmounted by rectangular
bell turret with patterned brickwork, single trefoil headed lights on each
side and steep pointed roof. 2 windows on each side of porch with large stacks
with elaborate coping set between. Each stack has moulded ashlar panel, that
to the north-west with coat of arms and inscribed 'Cervus non Servus A.D.1861".
All 4 windows have triple trefoiled lights.
Listing NGR: SK8918943631
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings