History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Garage to East of Holywell Quarries Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Careby Aunby and Holywell, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7308 / 52°43'50"N

Longitude: -0.5391 / 0°32'20"W

OS Eastings: 498747

OS Northings: 315795

OS Grid: SK987157

Mapcode National: GBR FTQ.VYQ

Mapcode Global: WHGLH.PMHC

Entry Name: Garage to East of Holywell Quarries Farmhouse

Listing Date: 15 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062875

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194013

Location: Careby Aunby and Holywell, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LE15

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Careby Aunby and Holywell

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Rutland

Church of England Parish: Careby St Stephen

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Little Bytham

Listing Text

CAREBY, AUNBY CLIPSHAM ROAD
SK 91 NE AND HOLYWELL Holywell
(north side)

8/38 Garage to east
of Holywell Quarries
Farmhouse

G.V. II

Former detached kitchen, now garage. 1752, altered C20. Coursed
limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings. Raised stone
coped gables, black glazed pantile roof, single gable stack, cut
down. Single storey with garret, 3 bay front having plinth,
single planked door flanked by single blocked lights. All
openings have plain ashlar architraves with raised keystones. In
the gable end a C20 garage door with above a single light as the
front. On the eaves stones are the initials SR and the date
1752. Interior has large rectangular fireplace with deep ashlar
lintel and raised keyblock. To left side is a copper and to
right a bread oven with iron door and brick voussoirs to opening.
At the back are 2 wrought iron pot hooks. Chamfered girders have
simple run out stops.


Listing NGR: SK9874715795

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.