This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6513 / 52°39'4"N
Longitude: -0.4776 / 0°28'39"W
OS Eastings: 503088
OS Northings: 307042
OS Grid: TF030070
Mapcode National: GBR FVS.L37
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.MMS8
Entry Name: 2, St Mary's Place
Listing Date: 22 May 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062962
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193733
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Stamford St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
1671 ST MARY'S PLACE
TF 0307 1/250 22.5.54.
Early C18 building of 2 storeys and attics in ashlar with stone dressings. Stone
slate roof with 3 dormers, 2 gabled, and the centre 1 cambered, hung sashes with
glazing bars. Stone stacks. Dentil eaves cornice. 1-5 windows between chanelled
rusticated pilasters. Upper windows have joined block rusticated architraves with
large triple keystones and plain reveals, sashes with glazing bars. Ground floor
windows have round heads with band at impost height. Moulded plinth panelled up
to ground floor cills. Roman Doric doorcase with pediment and pulvinated frieze.
Door with 4 carved and 4 glass panels under semi-circular fanlight. End ground
floor window has been made into 3-panel door leading into No 3 adjoining which
includes all of this house south of he centre. Cl9 interior with lobby under glazed
fanlight and later C19 staircase.
Nos 1 to 4 (consec) Town Hall and the Churh of St Mary form a group.
Listing NGR: TF0308807042
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings