This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4209 / 53°25'15"N
Longitude: 0.1873 / 0°11'14"E
OS Eastings: 545448
OS Northings: 393795
OS Grid: TF454937
Mapcode National: GBR YXRW.BF
Mapcode Global: WHJKT.V8CT
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 6 June 1952
Last Amended: 17 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063062
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195506
Location: Skidbrooke with Saltfleet Haven, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Skidbrooke with Saltfleet Have
Built-Up Area: Saltfleet
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Saltfleetby St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 49 SE SALTFLEET HAVEN MAIN STREET
6/64 The Manor House (formerly
listed as Old Manor House)
House. c.1673, C19. Red brick. Plain tile and pantile roofs,
brick coped and tumbled gables. Single central ridge stack, C19
twisted ridge stack, plain C19 ridge stack. Rectangular plan
with low range running north, set back to right of main front.
Lobby entrance. 2 storeys and garret, 5 bay front with plinth
and first floor band. Central doorway with segmental head and
plank door. Doorway flanked by 2 round headed windows with
wooden cross mullion casements on each side. 5 windows above
with wooden cross mullion casements. Plinth and first floor band
runs across gable end and south front and gable end of low north-
eastern range. East gable end of main block with window with
segmental head and wooden cross mullion casement. Similar window
above with small wooden cross mullioned casement for garret.
South front of north east range with doorway to left with
segmental head and panel door. East gable end of lower range
with 3 light sliding sash with 2 light sliding sash above, both
with segmental heads. Clean break in brick bonding with range to
north, with 3 light sliding sash to left, with segmental head and
2 blocked openings with segmental heads to right. Single 2 light
sliding sash above to left. C17 oak staircase, 5 feet wide
leading up to long landing, with boxed in tread ends, 2 turned
bannisters to each tread, moulded hand rail and newel with ball
finial. Beamed ceilings exposed and 2 large brick fireplaces.
Small sitting room upstairs with names Robert Fox and Jane Hardy,
with date 1673 and lover's knot inscribed (both names in C17
parish register under marriages).
Listing NGR: TF4544893795
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings