History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Tithe Farm House

A Grade II Listed Building in Grainthorpe, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.448 / 53°26'52"N

Longitude: 0.0892 / 0°5'21"E

OS Eastings: 538841

OS Northings: 396613

OS Grid: TF388966

Mapcode National: GBR YX2K.3Q

Mapcode Global: WHJKL.BLPK

Entry Name: Tithe Farm House

Listing Date: 9 September 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063114

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195321

Location: Grainthorpe, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Grainthorpe

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Grainthorpe St Clement

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Cornisholme

Listing Text

TF 39 NE GRAINTHORPE CHURCH LANE

6/14 Tithe Farm House
9.9.67
G.V. II

Farmhouse. C15, extended 1569 and altered C19 and C20. Partly
timber frame cased in brick and 1569 brick wing with diaper work
in burnt headers. C20 concrete pantile roof having raised brick
coped gables with stone kneelers, one axial and 2 brick gable
stacks, one being external. T-plan. The main range originally
timber framed and lobby entry,the cross wing and added parlour
range. 2 storey, the cross wing has a plinth, irregular 5 bay
front with central half glazed panelled door with segmental head
having to left 3 light glazing bar casement, to first floor a
similar window, a 2 light glazing bar sash and 2 fixed leaded
lights in gable of cross wing. On the external stack of the
parlour gable is an ashlar datestone inscribed "A 1569" with
above a woolsack with shield inscribed "IOB" with flag,
presumably a woolmark. The interior of the main range retains
one large earth fast rounded timber bay post and to the first
floor are tie beams approximately 4"O" above floor level,
suggesting the former existence of an open hall of 3 bays.


Listing NGR: TF3884196613

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.