History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Binbrook, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.4284 / 53°25'42"N

Longitude: -0.1794 / 0°10'45"W

OS Eastings: 521063

OS Northings: 393946

OS Grid: TF210939

Mapcode National: GBR WX5S.YQ

Mapcode Global: WHHJJ.63T1

Entry Name: Manor House

Listing Date: 9 March 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063135

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195267

Location: Binbrook, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN8

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Binbrook

Built-Up Area: Binbrook

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Binbrook St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
binbrook

Listing Text

BINBROOK MARKET PLACE
TF 29 SW
2/15
Manor House
9.3.67
G.V. II

House. Rear range of c.1700, C18 front raised and altered in
late C18 with rear addition of 1899, by Croft and Bentley,
Architects. Red brick with painted stone and stucco dressings,
slate roof with stone coped gables and kneelers, 2 brick gable
stacks. L-plan originally. 3 storey, 3 bay front with painted
first and second floor stone bands. Central 4 panelled door with
traceried fanlight, stone doorcase having Tuscan columns
supporting dentillated open pediment, flanked by single
tripartite glazing bar sash windows. To first floor a central
Venetian glazing bar sash window with stepped key block, flanked
by single tripartite windows. Second floor has central semi-
circular fixed light with Gothick glazing bars, bracketed sill
and stepped key block, flanked by single smaller tripartite
windows. All tripartite windows have splayed stucco lintels.
Interior has late C18 stair with generously wreathed handrail and
delicate turned and knopped balusters. Otherwise the hall has
dado panelling, stained glass and other fittings of 1899. In the
front right hand room is a late C18 fireplace surround with urns,
wreaths and dentillated cornice and cast iron Bath grate. The
kitchen in the rear wing has an impressive c.1900 cast iron range
by Cartwright and Pickering of Louth, in a blue and white tiled
surround.


Listing NGR: TF2106393946

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.