History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Peter

A Grade II Listed Building in Gayton Le Wold, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3562 / 53°21'22"N

Longitude: -0.1432 / 0°8'35"W

OS Eastings: 523677

OS Northings: 385975

OS Grid: TF236859

Mapcode National: GBR WYFM.SM

Mapcode Global: WHHJQ.SW0Y

Entry Name: Church of St Peter

Listing Date: 9 March 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063138

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195277

Location: Gayton Le Wold, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Gayton le Wold

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Asterby Group

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Benniworth

Listing Text

GAYTON LE WOLD GAYTON
TF 28 NW
6/25 Church of
St. Peter
9.3.67
II

Parish church. Rebuilt in 1889. Red brick with ashlar dressings
with concrete tiled stone coped roofs. Western porch, nave with
western bellcote, chancel. The west porch has a pointed outer
doorway and is roofed with fishscale slates. Dentillated eaves
course. The planked inner door has a single chamfered ashlar
surround. To gable a single gabled ashlar bellcote with trefoil
headed opening. To dentillated side walls of nave are 2 pairs
each of single chamfered lancets. The chancel east wall has a
further pair of Lancets with quatrefoil over and moulded hood.
Beside the porch on the south side are 2 fragments of C10 Anglo
Saxon sculpture, a low relief cross with double outline and cable
moulded rectangular frame. Interior. Chancel arch is wide and
single chamfered. There is a painted metal text above the east
window and cast iron lamp brackets to the chancel and on the west
wall a pointed niche. All fittings including the font which is
a small circular bowl on octagonal shafts, are C19.


Listing NGR: TF2367785975

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.