This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1775 / 53°10'38"N
Longitude: -0.2433 / 0°14'35"W
OS Eastings: 517502
OS Northings: 365926
OS Grid: TF175659
Mapcode National: GBR HRB.Z59
Mapcode Global: WHHKN.7DDF
Entry Name: The Old School
Listing Date: 6 September 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063162
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195228
Location: Stixwould and Woodhall, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN10
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Stixwould and Woodhall
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Stixwould St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 16 NE MAIN STREET
6/43 1 and2 The Old
Former school, now 2 houses. 1851, enlarged 1894. Red brick with
slate roofs, 2 triple ridge stacks and a double ridge stack. E-
plan. Single storey with 2 storey cross wings, 5 bay front.
Plinth, first floor band, dogtooth course, overhanging eaves.
Central doorway with fanlight having moulded stone surround with
key and impost blocks, set in gabled projecting porch with corner
pilasters. Above the door is a circular datestone inscribed "C T
1851" with moulded keyed surround. To either side are triple
arched narrow semi-circular headed margin lights with continuous
stone sills and brick heads. Beyond the 2 storey bay projects
with corner pilasters and central double arched lights with above
a single similar window. The village of Stixwould was part of
the Christopher Turner Estate in C19.
Listing NGR: TF1750265926
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings