This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3658 / 53°21'56"N
Longitude: -0.0092 / 0°0'33"W
OS Eastings: 532562
OS Northings: 387283
OS Grid: TF325872
Mapcode National: GBR XYCJ.S5
Mapcode Global: WHHJS.TNSK
Entry Name: The Limes
Listing Date: 2 November 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063183
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195057
Location: Louth, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Louth
Built-Up Area: Louth
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Louth
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 18/12/2015
TF 3287 2/60
WESTGATE (South Side),
(Formerly listed as The Limes (Part of King Edward VI Grammar School))
Early C19. 2 storeys, gault brick. Hipped slate roofs. 3 sashes, the outer ones in wide full height shallow projections, cill band 1st floor, ground floor windows in round-headed recesses. Doric columned porch, with paired fluted columns, triglyph frieze, and cornice with guttae, blocking course. Bracketed eaves. One-storey wings to right and left, the right-hand one unaltered and with sash window in round-headed recess. The left-hand wing slightly altered and raised in height. NMR. Now attached to No 43 (qv),
Nos 25, 29 to 31 (odd), Westgate House, The Limes and Nos 43 to 47 (odd) form a group.
Listing NGR: TF3256287283
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings