This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3672 / 53°22'1"N
Longitude: -0.0049 / 0°0'17"W
OS Eastings: 532844
OS Northings: 387444
OS Grid: TF328874
Mapcode National: GBR XYDH.QP
Mapcode Global: WHHJS.WMTJ
Entry Name: Town Hall
Listing Date: 18 February 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063257
English Heritage Legacy ID: 194939
Location: Louth, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Louth
Built-Up Area: Louth
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Louth
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 38 NW 1/164
1854. Architect, Pearson Bellamy. Elaborate building of 3 storeys in stone
and brick. Ground floor is rusticated, with plinth. Central doorway with paired
Ionic half-columns, entablature with fleur-de-lys motif. Round-arched inner
doorway with female mask and date. Cornice over doorway supports balustraded
balcony. 7 windows, all with balustraded balconies on consoles, except for the
centre one which is over the doorway, stone architraves Joined by strings, Similar
windows on upper floor, but with semi-circular pediments, moulded keystones to
arched heads, all of 4 lights. Large cornice and balustraded balcony with 6
urns, Upper floors of brick with carved rusticated quoins. At heads of 1st
floor windows, foliated circles joined by band. Side elevation is irregular.
Some vermiculated rustication and 3 bay windows. Figure of Justice on 1st floor.
Nos 33 to 39 (odd), Louth Centenary Methodist Church & Town Hall together with
Nos 2 & 4 Nichol Hill form a group.
Listing NGR: TF3284487444
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings