History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Grasby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.5296 / 53°31'46"N

Longitude: -0.3611 / 0°21'40"W

OS Eastings: 508731

OS Northings: 404908

OS Grid: TA087049

Mapcode National: GBR TWXM.MG

Mapcode Global: WHGGQ.FK80

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 1 November 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063358

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196648

Location: Grasby, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN38

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Grasby

Built-Up Area: Grasby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Grasby

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Grasby

Listing Text

TA OO SE GRASBY VICARAGE LANE
(South side)

7/101 Church of All
Saints

1-11-66 II

Parish Church; some C13 work, but largely rebuilt in 1850 and
1869 by J. Hakewill. Rock faced limestone and coursed ironstone
rubble, ashlar dressings. Plain tile roofs with larger decorated
tile ridges, corrugated asbestos, concrete interlocking tiles.
Western tower, nave, north aisle, chancel, south porch, vestry.
4 stage C19 tower with base, 3 string courses and plain parapet.
Octagonal stair tower to east side, corner buttresses to top of
3rd. stage on the south side. South belfry light appears reused
C13 work of 2 lights with trefoil heads; quatrefoil to top and
missing pair of annular shafts, hood mould with carved label
stops. Stair tower has clock at top. West side has 2 light C19
window to second stage, single light to third, belfry light is a
copy of the C13 south opening. North side fenestration as south,
but belfry light is C19, the east side matches the rest. North
aisle of coursed ironstone rubble. 3 C19 lancets with trefoil
heads, roof of corrugated asbestos. Nave and aisles have stone
coped roofs. Vestry in rock faced limestone with east window a
reused C13 3 light lancet with trefoil heads. Chancel north side
has C19 trefoil headed lancet and chimney above. Chancel east
end is all C19 with 5 light window in late C13 style, below the
string course is a stone bearing 3 crosses. South side of
chancel has 3 C19 lancets. Nave south side has a pair of C19 2
light windows. C19 porch with interlocking concrete tiled roof,
a C19 opening in the Early English style with quatrefoil over,
side benches and side lights. South doorway to nave is a reset
early C13 dogtoothed arch with splayed reveals, set in a C19 rock
faced surround. Interior has a 3 bay C13 north arcade with
quatrefoil keeled shafts and annular capitals. Double chamfered
arches with hood moulds and patera label stops Chancel and
tower arches are C19 in the Early English style. C19 stone
pulpit and reredos, Minton tile floor in the chancel; C19
floriate corbels also in chancel. C14 small octagonal font on 4
squat legs with square set back base on later C19 octagonal
plinth, possibly C17.


Listing NGR: TA0873104908

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.