This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4966 / 53°29'47"N
Longitude: -0.3157 / 0°18'56"W
OS Eastings: 511825
OS Northings: 401304
OS Grid: TA118013
Mapcode National: GBR VX70.F9
Mapcode Global: WHHJ2.3CXT
Entry Name: No 2, the White House
Listing Date: 1 November 1966
Last Amended: 24 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063394
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196629
Location: Caistor, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN7
District: West Lindsey
Civil Parish: Caistor
Built-Up Area: Caistor
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Caistor with Clixby
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TA 1001-1101 CAISTOR PLOUGH HILL
9/79 No 2, The White
House (Formerly listed as
1-11-66 The White House Cafe)
House. 1701 with extensive late C18 alterations. Stuccoed brick
with triple roll tiles and brick gable stacks. 2 storey plus
attics. 4 bay front. Plinth, first floor band, rusticated
quoins, all in stucco. Central 6 panelled door with 3 paned
overlight, wooden panelled reveals and doorcase with pedimented
head supported by brackets. Flanked by to left glazing bar
sashes and to right one similar. Four first floor windows are
similar. All windows have blank slightly advanced pediments.
Above the door is a plain panel inscribed 1701. A single dormer
with glazing bar Yorkshire sash, leaded cheeks and roof.
Interior has a good straight flight stair with turned bulbous
balusters of late C17 character.
Listing NGR: TA1182501304
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings