History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Owersby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.4397 / 53°26'22"N

Longitude: -0.404 / 0°24'14"W

OS Eastings: 506113

OS Northings: 394846

OS Grid: TF061948

Mapcode National: GBR TXMN.BP

Mapcode Global: WHGH2.RSTX

Entry Name: The Old Vicarage

Listing Date: 1 November 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063437

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196523

Location: Owersby, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN8

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Owersby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: North Owersby St Martin

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
North Owersby

Listing Text

TF 09 SE OWERSBY CHURCH LANE
North Owersby

8/43 The Old Vicarage

1-11-66 II

Former vicarage, now house; 1699 with addition and alterations
of 1853. Red brick and pantile roof with raised tumbled brick
coped gables, 2 brick gable stacks, 2 external wall stacks and
one ridge stack. Parellel ranges plan, the rear being 1699, the
front an addition of 1853 by a local surveyor R. Cotton of
Caistor, built out of reused materials to match in with the
existing building. Front has 2 storey with garret 3 bay facade
with a central 1/2 glazed panelled door, flanked by single full
height French windows with splayed ashlar lintels. To 1st floor
are 3 glazing bar sashes with segmental brick heads. The main
entrance door is in the left hand gable end and is 1/2 glazed
with a traceried overlight and has a C20 door surround. All
fenestration of the rear wing is C19. The earlier rear range
has narrower redder bricks with many burnt purple ones and has at
each end a large external wall stack tapering to a gable stack.
In the C19 alterations the internal wall of the stack has been
removed and in the right hand gable a door has been inserted into
the base of the stack and in the left hand gable a ground and 1st
floor glazing bar sash have been similarly inserted. The dates
of the 2 phases of the house have been obtained from the terriers
at Lincoln Archives Office.


Listing NGR: TF0611394846

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.