History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coxwold Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Swallow, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.4948 / 53°29'41"N

Longitude: -0.2362 / 0°14'10"W

OS Eastings: 517106

OS Northings: 401235

OS Grid: TA171012

Mapcode National: GBR VXS0.NY

Mapcode Global: WHHJ3.BFR5

Entry Name: Coxwold Hall

Listing Date: 21 December 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063506

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196377

Location: Swallow, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN7

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Swallow

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Cuxwold St Nicholas

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Nettleton

Listing Text

TA 10 SE SWALLOW CAISTOR ROAD
(north side)

2/22 Coxwold Hall

II

Small country house. 1860-1 by James K Colling. Red brick with
burnt brick and ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with ornate barge
boards decorative ridge tiles and double gable stacks and 4
tripartite ridge stacks of tall 'Tudor' type. 2 storey. 7
irregular bays with long, lower service wing to right at rear.
Brick plinth and dogtooth eaves. Slightly projecting bay to left
with splayed bay window with Caenarvon headed lights and transom.
Above 2 light window, each light with Caenarvon head. 3 bays to
right with 3 windows each of 2 lights with Caenarvon heads and
transoms. 2 dormers above with gabled heads and each with 2
light windows heads. Between dormers an ornate plaque with deer,
foliage and dated 1860. Single storey bell to right with conical
roof with lantern. Single large pointed window with tracery and
french windows. Gabled bay further right with large projecting
stack with ornate burnt brick decoration. To left of stack,
narrow rectangular sash. Above, flanking stack on both sides
single 2 light mullion and transom windows. Low service wing to
rear has pyramidal bell turret and 2 double stack and single,
tripartite stack.


Listing NGR: TA1710601234

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.