History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Toynton All Saints, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1527 / 53°9'9"N

Longitude: 0.0817 / 0°4'54"E

OS Eastings: 539305

OS Northings: 363749

OS Grid: TF393637

Mapcode National: GBR KVT.9H4

Mapcode Global: WHJM4.705X

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 3 February 1967

Last Amended: 28 January 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063558

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196196

Location: Toynton All Saints, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Toynton All Saints

Built-Up Area: Toynton All Saints

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Toynton All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Toynton All Saints

Listing Text

In the entry for:-

TOYNTON ALL SAINTS MAIN STREET
TF 36 SE (east side)

5/81 Church of All
Saints
II

The entry shall be amended to read:-

TF 36 SE TOYNTON ALL SAINTS MAIN ROAD
(east side)

5/81 Church of All
Saints
II

------------------------------------

TOYNTON ALL SAINTS MAIN STREET
TF 36 SE (east side)

5/81 Church of All
Saints
3.2.67
II
Parish church. C18, with late C19 alterations. Red brick,
ashlar dressings, concrete tiled roof. Western tower, nave,
chancel. 2 stage tower with rendered plinth, stone band and
brick castellated parapet. To the belfry stage are 2 light
louvred openings with brick segmental heads. In the south side a
lobed ashlar quatrefoil to first stage. In the nave north wall
are 3 two light C19 reticulated ashlar lights, set in the
original openings but with adapted segmental brick heads. In the
added vestry is north doorway and 2 light window. In the chancel
east end a 3 light C19 window with panel tracery. The side walls
of the chancel are blank. In the south wall of the nave are 2
windows matching those to the north and a pointed south doorway.
Interior. In the nave walls are preserved the nave arcades of
the earlier church. On the north side are 4 bays of an early C13
arcade with drum pillars and double chamfered pointed arches. On
the south side are 3 bays of an arcade with octagonal piers and
capitals and double chamfered arches, and walling in greenstone
ashlar. Chancel and nave are undifferentiated. Into the vestry
a C19 pointed arch. Fittings are all C19 or early C20. Royal
Coat of Arms 1831. C14 plain octagonal font with C19 restored
base.


Listing NGR: TF3930563749

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.