This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1739 / 53°10'25"N
Longitude: 0.0955 / 0°5'43"E
OS Eastings: 540155
OS Northings: 366134
OS Grid: TF401661
Mapcode National: GBR KVN.0YR
Mapcode Global: WHJLY.FHP6
Entry Name: Former Market Hall
Listing Date: 28 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063591
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196176
Location: Spilsby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Spilsby
Built-Up Area: Spilsby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Spilsby St James
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SPILSBY HIGH STREET
7/61 Former Market Hall
Former market hall, now shops and garage. 1764, altered C20.
Colourwashed brick, pantile roof, first floor band, brick
dentillated cornice. In the gable end, facing the Market Place,
is a C20 shop front. Above a central semi-circular headed fixed
light is flanked by sash windows. The one on the left being a
smaller C19 plain sash. To attic floor a smaller semi-circular
headed light is flanked by single fixed lights. In the side
fronts are 5 semi-circular headed arches, originally open, now
glazed. Above are 5 glazing bar sashes.
Listing NGR: TF4015566134
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings