History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Haugh, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2616 / 53°15'41"N

Longitude: 0.1195 / 0°7'10"E

OS Eastings: 541472

OS Northings: 375938

OS Grid: TF414759

Mapcode National: GBR YZ8Q.NJ

Mapcode Global: WHJLK.T83Y

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 6 June 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063594

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196084

Location: Haugh, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN13

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Haugh

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Haugh St Leonard

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Alford

Listing Text

HAUGH
TF 47 NW
2/18 Manor Farmhouse
6.6.52
G.V. II

Reduced former country house, seat of Bolle family, now
farmhouse. Mid C16, altered C18, C19, C20. Red brick with some
dark headers in English bond, greenstone ashlar quoins; partly
rendered. Slate roof, gable stacks, the right hand one is
external and stepped, rebuilt C20. T-plan. The rear range may
be earlier but is much altered. 2 storey plus garret, 5 bay
front with embattled offset to first floor. Off centre glazed
door with C19 hood on carved brackets. To right a C20 tripartite
sash window, to left a glazing bar sash, similar tripartite
window and a blocked doorway with double chamfered pointed Tudor
arched opening set in chamfered rectangular surround, now
containing small Gothick leaded light. To first floor are 5
glazing bar sashes with timber lintels, and evidence of earlier
fenestration in the brickwork. The left hand end appears to have
been cut down. The right hand end has greenstone patches.
Interior. Deeply moulded cross beams with large shield imposts.
Moulded joists, throughout ground floor. One arched opening.
First floor old planked door and lift off hinges. Sir John
Bolle, buried in the Church, also of Thorpe Hall near Louth,
served as a captain in the operations against Cadiz, and was made
governor of Kinsale, Ireland.


Listing NGR: TF4147275938

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.