History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Peacocks

A Grade II Listed Building in Ulceby with Fordington, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2304 / 53°13'49"N

Longitude: 0.1302 / 0°7'48"E

OS Eastings: 542288

OS Northings: 372493

OS Grid: TF422724

Mapcode National: GBR KTX.HQG

Mapcode Global: WHJLR.Z259

Entry Name: Peacocks

Listing Date: 29 July 1987

Last Amended: 2 February 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063603

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196107

Location: Ulceby with Fordington, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN13

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Ulceby with Fordington

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Ulceby All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Skendleby

Listing Text

In the entry for
ULCEBY WITH CHURCH ROAD
FORDINGTON (east side)
4/41
The Peacocks

the address shall be amended to read CHURCH ROAD
(east side)

Peacocks

------------------------------------

ULCEBY WITH CHURCH ROAD
TF 47 SW FORDINGTON (east side)

4/41
The Peacocks

II

Former rectory, now house. 1850, altered C20. Yellow
Farlesthorpe brick and terracotta, fishscale slate roof with
bargeboards having pendant pinnacles, partly external wall stacks
with paired octagonal shafts and latticed terracotta circular
pots. 2 storey plus attics, with plinth, 3 bay front, the
central bay is advanced and separately gabled, forming open porch
supported on 2 ornate circular piers and half columns against the
wall, with moulded bases and latticed terracotta work on the
piers. Door has chamfered surround and plain shield over. Brick
corbelled decorative detail to base of first floor projection,
central first floor oriel window with hipped roof. To ground
floor, single rectangular bay windows with hipped roof flank the
porch, with moulded tops and 3 light glazing bar casements with
Tudor heads to the lights and Y tracery. To first and second
floor are 2 chamfered window openings, to each side, 3 have C20
standard top hung casements, one with original Tudor 2 lights.
To the rear is a datestone with 1850 in raised letters.


Listing NGR: TF4228872493

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.