History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barley Cliff and Flanking Walls

A Grade II Listed Building in East Keal, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1518 / 53°9'6"N

Longitude: 0.0551 / 0°3'18"E

OS Eastings: 537524

OS Northings: 363597

OS Grid: TF375635

Mapcode National: GBR KVS.GR4

Mapcode Global: WHHKZ.T1DM

Entry Name: Barley Cliff and Flanking Walls

Listing Date: 3 February 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063614

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196132

Location: East Keal, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: East Keal

Built-Up Area: East Keal

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: East Keal St Helen

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Raithby

Listing Text

EAST KEAL MAIN ROAD
TF 36 SE
(south side)
5/9 Barley Cliff and
3.2.67 flanking walls
G.V. II
Former rectory, now house and flanking walls. 1826, with later
C19 alterations. Red brick in Flemish bond, slate roofs and lead
behind parapet, 3 wall stacks. Gable end to front. 2 storey.
plus garret, 3 bay front with raked parapet, stone coped with 4
ball finials. Centre bay recessed with wide semi-circular head,
recessed end sections and end pilasters. Gable band. Central 8
panel door with traceried fanlight in recess with semi-circular
head. C19 latticed flat roofed porch, flanked by single glazing
bar sashes. To first floor 3 similar windows. In the gable a
smaller similar sash. All windows have cambered splayed brick
lintels. To either side are curved lower flanking walls, ramped
down to end piers. The right hand side has a small glazing bar
sash. Interior retains stick baluster stair. Stair hall has
flat segmental archways. Original shutters in one room.


Listing NGR: TF3752463597

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.