History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn at Manor Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Belleau, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2842 / 53°17'2"N

Longitude: 0.1024 / 0°6'8"E

OS Eastings: 540254

OS Northings: 378415

OS Grid: TF402784

Mapcode National: GBR YZ4G.YF

Mapcode Global: WHJLC.JQY5

Entry Name: Barn at Manor Farm

Listing Date: 6 June 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063632

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196071

Location: Belleau, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN13

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Belleau

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Strubby Wold Marsh St Oswald

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Saleby

Listing Text

BELLAU MAIN STREET
TF 47 NW
(south side)
2/5 Barn at
Manor Farm
6.6.52
G.V. II

Originally the hall of a country house, now a barn. Early C16,
cut down and altered C18 and C20, reroofed 1904. Red brick in
English bond with ashlar dressings, slate roof. Single storey,
originally 4 bay front with plinth and one remaining 3 light
window with transom and 4 centred arched heads to the lights,
concave moulded surround and drip mould. Another window retains
the ashlar surround only and a third has a drip mould. 2 windows
have brick relieving arches. The rear wall has 5 blocked
segmental headed openings and to the right hand end only a
chamfered ashlar eaves course survives, otherwise large C20
double doors. At the right hand end is a stepped and coped
chimney stack base, and an overbuilt tumbled gable. This
represents a small survival of the house of the Lords Willoughby
d'Eresby which belonged to Sir Harry Vane after the Civil War.
The site is moated.


Listing NGR: TF4025478415

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.