This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2046 / 53°12'16"N
Longitude: 0.1455 / 0°8'43"E
OS Eastings: 543395
OS Northings: 369646
OS Grid: TF433696
Mapcode National: GBR KVB.1M6
Mapcode Global: WHJLS.6QJ5
Entry Name: Skendleby Post Office and Adjoining House
Listing Date: 22 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063640
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195984
Location: Skendleby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Skendleby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Skendleby St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SKENDLEBY MAIN STREET
TF 46 NW (east side)
8/58 Skendleby Post
Post office and house. Early C19 with later C19 alteration. Red
brick headers and yellow brick stretchers. Concrete pantile
roof. Right gable and single ridge red and yellow brick stacks.
2 storeys, 4 bays, the left single bay being slightly later.
Doorway with panelled door and glazing bar overlight under a
segmental arch, either side are single slightly projecting
triangular arched panels each with single segmental arched sash
with lateral glazing bars. To the left is the large C19
projecting double fronted shop window with 2 large glazing bar
windows upon brick plinths, the outer corner of the right window
being curved, the left side with similarly curved wall. Central
recessed doorway with panelled and glazing bar double door and
decorative overlight. Entablature with overhanging eaves to the
flat roof. Above are 2 similar sashes with single glazing bar
sash to the left, all under segmental arches.
Listing NGR: TF4339569646
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings