This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.209 / 53°12'32"N
Longitude: 0.1108 / 0°6'38"E
OS Eastings: 541062
OS Northings: 370077
OS Grid: TF410700
Mapcode National: GBR KV2.YML
Mapcode Global: WHJLR.NLYQ
Entry Name: Dalby Hall
Listing Date: 22 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063662
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195932
Location: Dalby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Dalby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: DalbySt Lawrence and Blessed Edward King
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
DALBY DALBY HALL LANE
TF 47 SW (south side)
4/5 Dalby Hall
Small country house. C18, rebuilt 1856 after destruction by fire
by James Fowler of Louth, for J. W. Preston, later additions by
Temple Moore. Stock brick, some red brick to base. Hipped slate
roof. 3 ridge and 4 rear stacks, all of stock brick.
Overhanging eaves, supported second, third and fourth bays from
the right on pairs of brackets. These 3 bays also with first
floor band. 6 bays, the left 2 bays being 3 storeys, the right 4
bays 2 storeys. The right and second left single bays are bows.
Gabled porch with round arched decorative barge board, arched
entrance with panelled double door and decorative fanlight.
Inner part glazed door with plain fanlight. To the right is a
single arched glazing bar sash and further right in the bow 3
glazing bar sashes. To the left is a single similar arched sash,
further left in the bow are 3 glazing bar sashes with a single
similar glazing bar sash in the bay on the far left. Above are 3
similar arched sashes, to the right of that on the left is a
single small similar sash. The bows both have 3 glazing bar
sashes and in the single left bay is a single similar glazing bar
sash. Above in the bow are 3 glazing bar sashes, to the left is
a single small fixed light and on the far left a single similar
sash. Interior. Part reputed to be by Temple Moore, not
inspected. Pevsner, N. The Buildings of England. Lincolnshire.
Listing NGR: TF4106270077
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.