History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Goulceby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2977 / 53°17'51"N

Longitude: -0.1229 / 0°7'22"W

OS Eastings: 525196

OS Northings: 379498

OS Grid: TF251794

Mapcode National: GBR WZL9.5L

Mapcode Global: WHHK4.2CQS

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 14 September 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063689

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195896

Location: Goulceby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Goulceby

Built-Up Area: Goulceby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Asterby Group

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Goulsby

Listing Text

GOULCEBY CHURCH LANE
TF 27 NE (south side)

6/12 Church of
14.9.66 All Saints

II

Parish church. 1908, by G.H. Allison of Louth, re-using some
medieval fragments. Green sandstone rubble with limestone ashlar
dressings. Slate roof with stone coped gables with kneelers and
gabled west bellcote with semi-circular headed opening containing
bell. West bellcote, nave and chancel in one with north porch
and vestry. Plinth runs round entire church. West front with
single lancet with C13 hood mould. North side of nave with
gabled porch with pointed doorway with continuously chamfered
surround and hood mould. Inner pointed doorway with double
continuously chamfered surround and plank doors. Large cusped
C19 lancet to east. Gabled vestry projects to east with C19
cusped pointed lancet to north with hood mould. East end of
chancel with late C14 window re-used, with 3 pointed cusped
lights, under a 4 centred head with hood mould. South side of
chancel plain; south side of the nave with 2 stage buttresses
alternating with 2 late C14 windows, both with flattened, pointed
heads,2 pointed cusped lights,small oculus and hood mould. Small
low brick lean-to to the left. Interior vestry doorway with
semi-circular head, continuous chamfered surround and plank door.
Pews, alter rail, pulpit and lectern of 1908. Large C14
octagonal font with slender rolls defining each side and St.
Andrew's crosses incised on each side.


Listing NGR: TF2519679498

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.