This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1816 / 52°10'53"N
Longitude: -2.2319 / 2°13'54"W
OS Eastings: 384239
OS Northings: 253736
OS Grid: SO842537
Mapcode National: GBR 1GB.0KJ
Mapcode Global: VH92T.8FFD
Entry Name: 108 and 110, Bromwich Road
Listing Date: 8 March 1974
Last Amended: 27 June 2001
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063791
English Heritage Legacy ID: 488624
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire, WR2
Electoral Ward/Division: Bedwardine
Built-Up Area: Worcester
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: St John in Bedwardine
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO85SW BROMWICH ROAD
620-1/3/693 Nos.108 AND 110
08/3/74 (Formerly Listed as:
BROMWICH ROAD Nos.108
Pair of semi-detached houses, numbered right to left, described
left to right. Believed to have been built as a single-house
c1830 for William Paine. Painted render over brick under plain
clay tile roofs, hipped to wings, that to left is slated; gable-
and hip-end stacks all with oversailing detail, some pots.
Painted stone sills. Wrought-iron porch. Double-depth plan with
paired central entrances and staircases. Symmetrical elevation,
three storeys with cellar, flanking 2-storey wings. Five
first-floor windows, in 1:3:1; 8/8 sashes to right wing, 6/6 sash
to right ground-floor of main house; all in near flush-frames.
(Original sash boxes believed to remain in left house). Further
blanked window to second-floor. Left-hand house, stone step to
6-panel entrance door, bottom panels flush-beaded otherwise
raised and fielded. R.H. door is C20 replacement. Open porch of
scroll and lattice-work with low-pitch roof, possible early C19.
INTERIOR: No. 110 retains early details including staircase with
square balusters and wreathed handrail, 6-panel doors, panel
architraves with paterae to top corners, skirtings, decorative
plaster cornices to wing.
HISTORICAL NOTE: Identified on maps of 1835, 1902 and 1928 as
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings