History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

1, Bull Ring

A Grade II Listed Building in Worcester, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 52.1885 / 52°11'18"N

Longitude: -2.2328 / 2°13'58"W

OS Eastings: 384181

OS Northings: 254499

OS Grid: SO841544

Mapcode National: GBR 1G4.LBW

Mapcode Global: VH92T.78Z4

Entry Name: 1, Bull Ring

Listing Date: 8 March 1974

Last Amended: 27 June 2001

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063795

English Heritage Legacy ID: 488628

Location: Worcester, Worcestershire, WR2

County: Worcestershire

District: Worcester

Town: Worcester

Electoral Ward/Division: Bedwardine

Built-Up Area: Worcester

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: St John in Bedwardine

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in

Listing Text


620-1/15/145 (South side)
08/3/74 No.1
(Formerly Listed as:
Nos.1 AND 3, 5
(Eastern Half of No.5))


Terraced house, now dentists' surgery. c1800 with later additions
and alterations. Red brick over blue brick plinth; stone sills;
stone dressings to rear range. Plain clay tile roof; dentilled
eaves, painted. Stack to left rear roof slope and ridge-end
right, both have oversailing detail and pots. Timber doorcase.
Wrought-iron balconette. PLAN: double-depth with central hallway;
formerly single-depth. 3 storeys and cellar. 3 first-floor and 3
second-floor windows, central window on each floor is blind,
painted to represent sash. Window to left first-floor 6/6, to
right is tripartite 1/1:1/1:1/1; second-floor are 3/3;
ground-floor left is 6/6, to right is canted bay 2/2:6/6:2/2;
with exception of the latter all windows near-flush-frames with
sills and flat gauged-brick arches. 2 roll-edged stone steps to
off-centre left entrance, 6-panel door, all raised and fielded,
3-pane overlight; incised pilasters, cornice. Left-return has
semi-circular bay to ground-floor (10/10:6/6:10/10), bottom
sashes renewed; 6/6 sash above with balconette. Later parallel
range to rear projects to left as 3-sided apsidal-end with 1/1
INTERIOR: Retains joinery details including 5-panel doors,
architraves, skirtings, dado and picture rails; staircase has
slender turned balusters.
HISTORICAL NOTE: The First-Edition OS Map shows curved bay to
left return and rear range as extant in 1886.

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.