This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1886 / 52°11'18"N
Longitude: -2.233 / 2°13'58"W
OS Eastings: 384166
OS Northings: 254508
OS Grid: SO841545
Mapcode National: GBR 1G4.L8P
Mapcode Global: VH92T.78V2
Entry Name: 3 and 5, Bull Ring
Listing Date: 8 March 1974
Last Amended: 27 June 2001
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063796
English Heritage Legacy ID: 488629
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire, WR2
Electoral Ward/Division: Bedwardine
Built-Up Area: Worcester
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: St John in Bedwardine
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO8454NW BULL RING
620-1/15/146 (South side)
08/3/74 Nos.3 AND 5
(Formerly Listed as:
Nos.1, 3 AND 5
(Eastern half of No.5))
Terraced houses, now offices left and Doctors' surgery right.
c1800 with later additions and alterations. Red brick (straight
joint between No.1 (qv) and 3); stone sills; stucco detailing.
Front and return roof slopes are slate, otherwise plain clay
tile, hipped to right. Ridge stacks to each end and party-wall
have oversailing courses and pots. Timber bay to left; timber
doorcase to left house, stucco to right house. PLAN: Double-depth
with entrances to right and centre respectively. 3-storeys and
cellar. 6 (2:4) first-floor windows. Stucco detailing includes
plinth to left, doorcase to right. Brick detailing includes
dentilled eaves and decorative surround to right doorcase in
off-white brick. To left ground-floor is canted bay
(2/2:8/8:2/2); to far right is later full-height canted bay under
a hipped roof, (1/1:2/2:1/1) to each floor; otherwise 3/3 sashes
to second-floor and 6/6 elsewhere; all in plain reveals with
sills and flat gauged brick arches; 2 windows to centre
ground-floor have moulded architraves. 2 steps to left entrance,
replaced 3-panel door, bottom panel flush-beaded, upper panels
ovolo moulded; overlight; panelled pilasters with console
brackets to pediment, panelled soffit. Roll-edged stone step to
right entrance; 4-panel bolection moulded door, plain fanlight;
arched head to doorcase has capped vermiculated keystone.
Interior of No.3 retains polychromatic ceramic tiles to hall
floor, simple staircase with stick balusters, panelled doors
(mainly 4-panel, but one of 2-panels), architraves and skirtings;
cornice to front first-floor room; 2 cast-iron fireplaces with
wooden surrounds. Brick steps to brick-paved cellar. Interior of
No.5 not seen.
HISTORICAL NOTE: The First edition O S map shows bays to facade
as extant in 1886.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings