History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Giulio's Restaurant

A Grade II Listed Building in Worcester, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 52.1927 / 52°11'33"N

Longitude: -2.2204 / 2°13'13"W

OS Eastings: 385031

OS Northings: 254959

OS Grid: SO850549

Mapcode National: GBR 1G4.HFT

Mapcode Global: VH92T.G4JY

Entry Name: Giulio's Restaurant

Listing Date: 22 May 1954

Last Amended: 27 June 2001

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1063802

English Heritage Legacy ID: 488635

Location: Worcester, Worcestershire, WR1

County: Worcestershire

District: Worcester

Town: Worcester

Electoral Ward/Division: Cathedral

Built-Up Area: Worcester

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Worcester, St Martin's in the Cornmarket with St Swithun and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

620-1/17/156 (North side)
22/05/54 Giulio's Restaurant
(Formerly Listed as:
(North side)
Old Grammar School)


School, now restaurant. 1735, with later alterations including
conversion to restaurant c1990. Brownish-red, yellow and
purple brick in English bond with plain tile roof. Single tall
storey originally, 3 windows. Entrance to left a 6-panel door,
the upper 4 panels raised-and-fielded, the lower panels flush
beaded, divided leaded fanlight, all in tooled, round-arched
surround and with round arch of gauged brick. Above a renewed
hood, above which a tablet inscribed, 'This School was Founded
and Endowed/ by Queen Elizabeth the Third Year of/ her Reign
and Rebuilt in the Year/ 1735'. Round-arched windows with
leaded lights (boarded to outside) with brick arches (3 to
front, 2 to rear). Modillion eaves band. Central lightwell and
timber turret has peaked roof and finial.
INTERIOR: coved ceiling on cornice and with central moulded
cornice to lightwell.
HISTORICAL NOTE: a fragment of the original building.
(The Buildings of England: Pevsner: N: Worcestershire:
Harmondsworth: 1968-: 330).

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.