This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1852 / 52°11'6"N
Longitude: -2.2408 / 2°14'26"W
OS Eastings: 383634
OS Northings: 254127
OS Grid: SO836541
Mapcode National: GBR 1G3.Y13
Mapcode Global: VH92T.3BRQ
Entry Name: 46 and 47, Boughton Street
Listing Date: 2 November 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063906
English Heritage Legacy ID: 488540
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire, WR2
Electoral Ward/Division: Bedwardine
Built-Up Area: Worcester
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: St John in Bedwardine
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO85SW BOUGHTON STREET
620-1/3/55 Nos.46 AND 47
Pair of semi-detached houses. c1820-40 with later additions and
alterations including ranges to sides c1840-75. Reddish-brown
brick in Flemish bond to front facade and flat arches of red
gauged brick; hipped slate roof and 2 tall brick party-wall
stacks with oversailing courses and pots. 2 storeys, 2
first-floor windows with single-storey entrance ranges to sides,
extending as service ranges to rear. Classical style designed to
resemble a single dwelling. 6/6 sashes throughout in plain
reveals, with sills and flat arches. Wide eaves. Entrances to
returns: at right a 4-flush-panel door in panelled, round-arched
reveals, fanlight with decorative glazing bars within Doric porch
with frieze and cornice; 8/8 sash to first floor; left return has
similar porch with 5-panel door and 8/8 sash over.
INTERIORS: retain original joinery and plasterwork including
dogleg staircases with stick balusters. A little altered
semi-detached villa, forming a group with No.45 (qv).
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings