This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7853 / 52°47'6"N
Longitude: -0.1468 / 0°8'48"W
OS Eastings: 525079
OS Northings: 322462
OS Grid: TF250224
Mapcode National: GBR HX9.CPV
Mapcode Global: WHHMM.Q893
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 29 December 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064006
English Heritage Legacy ID: 197266
Location: South Holland, Lincolnshire, PE11
District: South Holland
Electoral Ward/Division: Spalding St Mary's
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Spalding
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Spalding St Mary and St Nicolas
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 2421 1/41 29.12.50.
Early C19 house of 2 storeys with 2 wings slightly lower but of similar build.
Cement-rendered. Centre has (renovated) stone quoins, band between storeys and
moulded plinth. 5 windows hung sashes with glazing bars, rusticated lintels.
4 windows on ground floor. Very good projecting porch in Roman Ionic with attractive
ornamental frieze, fluted columns and open pediment. Modillion eaves cornice.
Left wing of 2 windows, ground floor with rusticated lintels. Upper windows
have rectangular wrought iron balconies and modern glazing. Right hand wing
has 2 windows on both floors, later glazing. Both wings set back, that to the
Gamlyn's Almshouses, Nos 3 to 8 (consec), Former Stables to No 3 and Garden Wall
to the south of No 4 form a group.
Listing NGR: TF2507922462
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings