This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2614 / 53°15'40"N
Longitude: -0.5595 / 0°33'34"W
OS Eastings: 496187
OS Northings: 374787
OS Grid: SK961747
Mapcode National: GBR SZJQ.PL
Mapcode Global: WHGHZ.C9T3
Entry Name: Bede House
Listing Date: 11 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064098
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196980
Location: Burton, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN1
District: West Lindsey
Civil Parish: Burton
Built-Up Area: Burton-by-Lincoln
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: The Spring Line Group
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 23/02/2017
SK 97 SE
(Formerly listed as Monson Almshouses, LINCOLN ROAD)
Almshouses. 1875. Rock faced limestone ashlar with ashlar dressings, plain tiled roof with decorative ridge tiles and eight paired octagonal ashlar stacks, four ridge and four wall. Single storey with cellar and plinth, nine bay front arranged 1:7:1, the end bays being advanced and having stone coped gables. The central seven bays have a loggia in front which is approached by two flights of steps and fronted by a low stone wall. Central three arched opening to through passage, above which in the roof, is a triangular headed inscribed tablet recording the foundation by William, 7th Baron Monson in 1875. The balanced facade has a central opening with to either side a three light window, a door with plain overlight, a two light window and a further two light window to the projecting wings. The windows all have chamfered mullions and transomes with plain ashlar lintels. In the left hand gable are the arms of the Monson family and in the right are three stepped lancets.
Listing NGR: SK9618774787
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings