History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Faldingworth, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3491 / 53°20'56"N

Longitude: -0.3995 / 0°23'58"W

OS Eastings: 506636

OS Northings: 384776

OS Grid: TF066847

Mapcode National: GBR TYNQ.94

Mapcode Global: WHGHN.T2YT

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 30 November 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1064141

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196879

Location: Faldingworth, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN8

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Faldingworth

Built-Up Area: Faldingworth

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Faldingworth All Saints with Buslingthorpe St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Linwood

Listing Text

TF 08 SE FALDINGWORTH CHURCH LANE

3/7 Church of
30.11.66 All Saints

II

Parish church. C14 and 1890 rebuilding by Hodgson Fowler.
Coursed limestone rubble and ashlar, shingled and plain tiled
roofs with stone coped gables. Western tower, nave, chancel,
south porch, north aisle and vestry. The C14 2 stage tower in
coursed limestone rubble has a tall ground stage with a plinth
separatedfrom the belfry stage by a string course. Above is a
broach spire clad in shingles. The south side of the tower has a
square chamfered light with re-used cusped tracery. Above is a
clock with a brass plate recording its erection in 1897. The
belfry stage has 4 re-used paired C14 ogee headed lights with
hood moulds and recut label stops. The west window is a C19 ogee
light and above is a square light with C19 tracery. The north
aisle, nave and chancel are in ashlar, and were rebuilt in C19.
The west wall of the north aisle has a single light, in the north
wall are 3 sets of paired lights. The vestry has further paired
lights and a shouldered door. The east chancel window is of 3
lights with 3 quatrefoils over. A foundation stone dated "1890"
is set beneath the window. The chancel south wall has 2 recut
early C14 geometric windows with trilobe heads, trefoils, hood
moulds and label stops. The south wall of the nave has a pair of
2 light C19 windows. The gabled south porch has a pointed
moulded doorway without capitals. Interior. The 3 bay Cl9 north
arcade has octagonal piers and abaci with double chamfered
arches. The responds are engaged wall shafts. The double
chamfered tower arch dies to its reveals with no capitals. The
chancel arch which incorporates some medieval work has octagonal
responds and capitals and a double chamfered arch. The roofs are
all arch braced with decorative wind bracing. The fittings are
all C19 and include choir stalls, screen, pews and pulpit. The
octagonal font is decorated with quatrefoils and roses in the
upper panels and is cusped on the underside. The east window has
stained glass of Christ in Majesty, dedicated to Charles Cust
tiled 1893.


Listing NGR: TF0663684776

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.