History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hall Farm House

A Grade II Listed Building in Caenby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3902 / 53°23'24"N

Longitude: -0.4975 / 0°29'50"W

OS Eastings: 500019

OS Northings: 389204

OS Grid: TF000892

Mapcode National: GBR SYZ7.2F

Mapcode Global: WHGHF.B1BT

Entry Name: Hall Farm House

Listing Date: 31 January 1952

Last Amended: 22 February 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1064182

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196765

Location: Caenby, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN8

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Caenby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Glentham with Caenby St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Hemswell

Listing Text

TF 08 NW CAENBY

6/9 Hall Farm House
(Formerly listed
31.1.52 as Old Hall Farmhouse)

II

House. Medieval foundations with extensive rebuilding of 1774
and further C19 alterations and additions. Coursed limestone
rubble, brick dressings, slate roof, 2 gable and a single brick
ridge stacks. 2 storey, 6 bay front, the left hand 3 bays being
a later addition. The 3 bays to the right have a 1st floor
moulded brick band, a moulded brick eaves course, and ashlar
quoins. The central glazing bar sash is set in a blocked door
opening and has to the left a tall glazing bar sash and to right
a wider French window glazing bar sash. Above are 3 glazing bar
sashes. Over the 1st floor band is a datestone inscribed "LM
1774". The moulded bands return round the gable end which is in
brick above the 2nd floor band and tumbled. The addition has a
first floor brick band, a corbelled out and dogtoothed brick
eaves course, brick quoins and a raised stone coped gable on
left. A half glazed door on the right has a plain overlight and
2 glazing bar sashes to the left. Above are 3 glazing bar sashes.
All openings have brick reveals and segmental heads and the
brick panels join up between floors. Both door and French
window have light timber gabled porches. To the rear is a later
C19 wing. The interior all dates to C19 alterations. The site
is moated, and was the seat of the de Tournay family from the
time of Edward I. In C18 it became the home of Lawrence Monck
for whom the major rebuilding was carried out.


Listing NGR: TF0001989204

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.