History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Block with Attached Cottage at Thorpe Tilney Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Timberland, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 53.1045 / 53°6'16"N

Longitude: -0.3352 / 0°20'6"W

OS Eastings: 511550

OS Northings: 357662

OS Grid: TF115576

Mapcode National: GBR GQW.636

Mapcode Global: WHGJV.T7KC

Entry Name: Stable Block with Attached Cottage at Thorpe Tilney Hall

Listing Date: 23 November 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1064304

English Heritage Legacy ID: 358330

Location: Timberland, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN4

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven

Civil Parish: Timberland

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Timberland St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

TF 15 NW B1189 (west side)

6/59 Stable block with attached
Cottage at Thorpe Tilney
23.11.51 Hall


Stable block and attached cottage. c1740. Red brick with ashlar and brick
dressings. Pantile hipped roof. Upper floor brick band. Single storey plus attic.
7 bays. Central, wide slightly projecting, gabled bay has large brick segment-
headed carriage arch. To either side, single 3 bay wings, each with a central plank
door with louvred overlight, flanked by single glazing bar sashes. All these
openings are under segmental brick heads with ashlar keystones. Above, a central,
ashlar coped gable with kneelers, has a large Diocletian window. The wings have
single central hipped dormers with glazing bar sashes. Over the central gable is
a wooden octagonal cupola with 8 arched openings, a leaded roof and an ornate iron
weather-vane. The rear west wing is a 2 storey cottage, with a C20 concrete tile
roof, and a single ridge stack. First floor band and brick dentilated eaves. 4
irregular bays. Lobby-entry plan. Off-centre C20 half glazed door, with a single
cross casement to the left and 2 similar windows to the right, beyond a small fixed
light, all with segment brick heads. Above 3 similar cross casements plus a smaller
casement above the doorway. Beyond to the north a single storey outbuilding with
2 plank doors, and a small C20 casement.

Listing NGR: TF1155057662

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.