History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Pinchbeck Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Pinchbeck, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8178 / 52°49'4"N

Longitude: -0.1594 / 0°9'33"W

OS Eastings: 524140

OS Northings: 326059

OS Grid: TF241260

Mapcode National: GBR HWX.8K7

Mapcode Global: WHHMF.JFBN

Entry Name: Pinchbeck Hall

Listing Date: 24 July 1975

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1064434

English Heritage Legacy ID: 198195

Location: Pinchbeck, South Holland, Lincolnshire, PE11

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Holland

Civil Parish: Pinchbeck

Built-Up Area: Spalding

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Pinchbeck

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Spalding

Listing Text

PINCHBECK CHURCH STREET
TF 22 NW
(west side)
7/81 No.58
Pinchbeck Hall
24.7.75
G.V. II
House. Early C18, altered 1802, extended 1909. Red brick in
Flemish and English bonds, ashlar dressings, slate and hipped
Collyweston slate roof. 2 large gable stacks. Tuck pointing to
front. T-plan, with 1909 cross wing and tower to right. 2
storey, 5 bay front, arranged 2:1:2, with tuck pointed Flemish
bond brickwork and stone coped gables and parapet, with 4 tall
slender pinnacles with harebell decoration and ball finials.
Stone parapet band. Central half glazed panelled door with
Tuscan portico, flanked by pairs of tall 1909 French windows. To
first floor 5 plain sashes. All openings have brick segmental
heads. The right hand gable is in English bond with the remains
of brick tumbling. To the left a projecting gabled bay dated in
the gable "WSR 1909" after the owner Mr. Royce, MP. Rusticated
vermiculated quoins with rectangular 3 light bay window, and 2
light window above with vermiculated quoined reveals. To the
rear a 4 storey tower with pedimented slate roof and weather
vane. The top stage has semi-circular arched plain sashes with
yellow brick dressings. C18 service range altered 1909.
Interior retains elegant cantilevered stick baluster stair with
wreathed handrail and contemporary doors, panelled reveals and
cornice. Domed ceiling over stair.


Listing NGR: TF2414026059

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.