This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5173 / 51°31'2"N
Longitude: -0.1066 / 0°6'23"W
OS Eastings: 531470
OS Northings: 181518
OS Grid: TQ314815
Mapcode National: GBR NB.68
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.34H5
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 4 January 1950
Last Amended: 10 November 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064643
English Heritage Legacy ID: 199521
Location: City of London, London, EC4A
District: City and County of the City of London
Electoral Ward/Division: Farringdon Without
Built-Up Area: City of London
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): City of London
Church of England Parish: St Bride Fleet Street
Church of England Diocese: London
HOLBORN VIADUCT EC1
Church of St Andrew
(Formerly listed as remains
of Church of St Andrew)
TQ 3181 NW 1/8 4.1.50.
1686-7 by Wren. C15 tower recased and heightened by Wren in 1704. Interior of
church burnt in World War II and rebuilt in near facsimile. Aisled nave of 7 bays
with short chancel and west tower flanked by low vestries etc, those to the east
with domes. Portland stone. 2 tiers of windows, pairs of doorways and balustrade
to copper-covered roof. East end has 3 light window, in 2 tiers, and 3 crowning
urns. 2 statues of charity children on west face of tower which is crowned by
balustrade. Galleried interior with Corinthian columns on high pedestals supporting
arcades and plaster vault. Furnishings modern except for organ case.
Listing NGR: TQ3147181521
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings