This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1718 / 51°10'18"N
Longitude: -0.642 / 0°38'31"W
OS Eastings: 495032
OS Northings: 142267
OS Grid: SU950422
Mapcode National: GBR FD7.DHT
Mapcode Global: VHFVS.TTF3
Entry Name: The Old House
Listing Date: 9 March 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064786
English Heritage Legacy ID: 439853
Location: Witley, Waverley, Surrey, GU8
Civil Parish: Witley
Built-Up Area: Witley
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Milford
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 94SE WITLEY C.P. PORTSMOUTH ROAD
4/288 The Old House
House. Late C16. Timber framed, underbuilt in whitewashed brick on rendered
plinth, whitewashed brick and rendered infilling above. Plain tiled roofs,
hipped over rear range. L-shaped plan with gabled wing projecting to front.
Two storeys with stack on rear range at the junction with the two framed bay
wing. Ogee bracing to gable end of wing and tile pentice course over ground
floor. One four-light,diamond pane leaded window to first floor, one three-
light plain casement window to ground floor. One window on each floor of
the right hand return front of the wing and one window on each floor of rear
range, to the right. Stable style door to left in angle of the two ranges.
Garage extension to front right and whitewashed brick garage range set back
to left not of special interest.
Listing NGR: SU9503242267
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings