This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6236 / 51°37'25"N
Longitude: -0.2368 / 0°14'12"W
OS Eastings: 522152
OS Northings: 193117
OS Grid: TQ221931
Mapcode National: GBR 9C.BZH
Mapcode Global: VHGQB.VG55
Entry Name: St Francis Chapel
Listing Date: 7 April 1983
Last Amended: 28 September 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064846
English Heritage Legacy ID: 199043
Location: Barnet, London, NW7
Electoral Ward/Division: Mill Hill
Built-Up Area: Barnet
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Paul Mill Hill
Church of England Diocese: London
5004 THE RIDGEWAY
St Francis Chapel (formerly Chapel to St Mary's Abbey, School)
TQ 2293 14/10
Principal chapel for St Mary's Abbey School. 1888-9 Goldie, Child and Goldie. Red brick with stone dressing, slate capped pyramidal roof to the short central tower over the crossing with single lucarnes in each face. Early English style. Cruciform plan with three side chapels on each side of the nave. A single-storey cloister walk runs behind the chapel on both sides, connecting the convent with Holcombe House by way of the sacristies. Large rose window in west elevation; large window comprising four lancets on south side; paired lancets at clerestory level. INTERIOR. Simple vaulted timber roof to tower; barrel-vaulted roofs to nave and chapels. Interior faced with yellow stock brick with simple stone moulded arches at the crossing and into the side chapels. Original nuns' stalls and organ behind the altar. Metal altar rail, candle holders and chandeliers.
Listing NGR: TQ2215293117
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings