History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Unitarian Chapel

A Grade II Listed Building in Great Hucklow, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2961 / 53°17'45"N

Longitude: -1.7337 / 1°44'1"W

OS Eastings: 417846

OS Northings: 377715

OS Grid: SK178777

Mapcode National: GBR JZBB.G4

Mapcode Global: WHCCT.BDNZ

Entry Name: Unitarian Chapel

Listing Date: 12 July 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1065709

English Heritage Legacy ID: 80688

Location: Great Hucklow, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, SK17

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales

Civil Parish: Great Hucklow

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Bradwell St Barnabas

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Hucklow

Listing Text

SK 17 NE PARISH OF GREAT HUCKLOW DIRTY LANE
3/79 (East Side)
Unitarian Chapel
12-7-67 II

chapel. 1796 and 1901. Coursed squared gritstone with gritstone dressings and
quoins. Continuous plain sill band and plain eaves band. C20 concrete tile
roof with blue slate to southern addition. Stone coped gables with plain
kneelers. Four bays, three bays single storey, southern bay two storeys.
East and west elevations have three semi-circular headed glazing bar sashes in
plain ashlar surrounds. To west of narrower southern bay a semi-circular
headed doorcase. C20 door. Above 2-light square sectioned mullion window. South
gable wall has similar window below with plaque over inscribed 'Founded 1696.
Rebuilt on present site 1796. Enlarged 1901', which links the lower window
to an upper semi-circular headed small pane window in plain surround. Above a
corbelled out bellcote, topped by stone cross. North gable wall has
round plaque inscribed 'lL 1796'. Interior has western gallery on turned
wooden columns. 1910 pews, pine panelling and cusped panelled pulpit. Reset
wall memorial to William Drabble of 1877.


Listing NGR: SK1784677715

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.